18th February 2020
Location: Slough (SL3)
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000 per annum
Working in the R&D Team:
The R&D team are responsible for creating and delivering software through on-premise, cloud hosted and multi-tenanted SaaS platforms to leading global retailers and EV Cargo group partners. We manage the journey from coding through to final testing and 3rd line support, with a keen focus on ensuring that all software is built to best of breed standards, making best use of future technologies and with quality and reliability at the centre of everything.
What you will be doing:
You will be ensuring that data analysis software features are cohesive across all our software in their use of technology, technical design, integration and operation. The role is centred on data modelling, data structure and deriving valuable intelligence using data analytics and visualisations developed on our Tableau platform. You will be expected to deliver solutions to quality, time and budget measures, working in collaboration with Infrastructure, Delivery and Support teams in order to ensure that software is successfully deployed, integrated, upgraded and maintained through its lifecycle.
What you will need to be successful:
- A passion for working with data and a mindset that is one of experimentation and creativity in your approach to software development
- Practical understanding of software used for building out cloud hosted enterprise data analytics features (predominantly Tableau and Microsoft Azure)
- Demonstrable understanding of theory and practices for architecting and developing analytical based enterprise software features
- Insight into what the user didn’t know they needed and how they can effectively consume data driven information
- Strong knowledge of Agile practices and principles with the ability to apply these in order to successfully deliver software using distributed teams, manage user story creation and to plan sprints and releases
- Make and justify technical decisions based on sound and thorough research and documentation, with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate this at both a business and technical level