Job Title: Azure Architect
Division: EV Cargo Technology
Salary: Up to £75,000 per year
Closing Date: Candidate dependant
What is the opportunity?
This Azure Architect job is working within the R&D at EV Cargo Technology. This is a role which can be based anywhere in the UK, with occasional travel to the offices in Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire. This is a full-time, permanent job.
Within this growing team, you will report to the Head of R&D and will be responsible for the technical design of our Azure-native applications, assisting in guiding the design and build of our Azure estate. You will be a key stakeholder, with responsibility to ensure that our Azure estate is built in a secure, reliable, scalable and cost-effective manner.
This is a key role for the business and we need someone who has significant experience and knowledge of the Microsoft Azure PaaS solutions, expert knowledge of various Azure data services including Azure Data Factory and DataBricks and a detailed knowledge of the microservice development on Azure. Working in this Azure Architect job, you will come into contact with customers, clients and colleagues on a regular basis and it is vital that you are able to manage these relationships professionally, while ensuring that the objectives and aims of the business are met.
Some key duties of this job are listed below, however this is not an exhaustive list;
- Act as main stakeholder for the cloud architecture within the roadmap and vision setting discussions ensuring focus on innovation, modernisation and performance.
- Collaborate across internal teams to develop Azure best practice solutions.
- Scoping, implementation and maintenance of detailed Azure architectural designs.
- Documentation of new architectural decisions made.
- Support internal teams in discovery, development of technical questions and the documenting of detailed requirements.
- Guide developers in best practices and contribute to sprint teams where required.
- Substantive engagement in recurring stakeholder meetings, providing architectural thought leadership and conveying information such that it is understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Present webinars where appropriate on new architecture communicating clear standards.
- Ensure appropriate change tracking is made on architecture decisions and/or code created as a result of those.
- Work on proof-of-concept development for new features and/or new products.
- Estimate changes required to core applications which support external products.
- Support estimation processes for external applications.
- Support pull requests for core code changes.
- Create and contribute to development and architectural standards.
- Demonstrable understanding of the current environment and provision of detailed recommendations on how to leverage multiple Azure services to deliver a roadmap of innovation and modernisation.
- Stay abreast of changes in the technology industry and ensure that best-in-class techniques are researched, evaluated and recommended as appropriate, whilst maintaining and communicating a clear understanding of the cost of such approaches.
What will you need to succeed?
We are looking for someone who wants to join our business at a key moment in our journey and grow with us and share in our success story. We will offer you a supportive environment where you will be exposed to new experiences and opportunities, however previous experience in a similar position will ultimately lead to your success. It is essential that you have experience with Azure DevOps and how it is used to best execute cloud native projects, experience of implementation of infrastructure as a code (IAC) using platforms such as Terraform, and experience in the design and implication of responsible web and mobile applications,
Due to the nature of the role we are unable to consider applications from anyone who does not have an awareness of agile methodologies, and an ability to operate in both the low level detail, but also understanding the high level company and product vision. As a company we place a strong emphasis on the interactions that take place globally across the business and, as an Azure Architect this is especially important as you will be communicating with key stakeholders within the business and externally. Therefore it is essential that you conduct yourself in a professional manner and can ensure that you always ensure that EV Cargo and EV Cargo Technology are represented in the best possible way. You will have keen eye for detail and be a quick learner.
Why EV Cargo Technology?
Working as an Azure Architect at EV Cargo Technology, you will earn up to £75,000. We are also able to offer you pension, on-site parking, flexible working, training opportunities, CPD and Wellbeing Programs. You will join a business that values the people who work for us, without you, we would not be where we are, and as such we are committed to helping you develop as an Architect. This Azure Architect is a key position, and we would love you to work for us.
EV Cargo is one of the UK’s largest providers of transport, logistics and freight forwarding services and logistics technology – created by the consolidation of EV Cargo Logistics, EV Cargo Technology, EV Cargo Solutions, EV Cargo Global Forwarding and Palletforce into a corporate structure under a new single brand.
EV Cargo ensures international delivery of goods at a better value, providing warehousing and distribution solutions that help businesses grow. Global brands benefit from a distribution chain with a global reach and access to EV Cargo’s portfolio of multimodal transport links.
The business was created by specialist investor EmergeVest by consolidating ownership of six of the UK’s leading logistics companies. With £850 million of revenue, EV Cargo is the largest privately-owned logistics business in the UK, providing mission-critical supply chain services to a portfolio of great customers and leading brands.
We are constantly looking to grow and develop and therefore are recruiting for an Azure Architect to join the R&D team at EV Cargo Technology.Apply Now