Job Title: Digital Technical Lead
Division: EV Cargo Technology
Salary: Up to £65,000 per year
Closing Date: Candidate dependant
What is the opportunity?
This Digital Technical Lead job is working within the R&D team at EV Cargo Technology. This is a role which can be based anywhere in the UK, with occasional travel to the offices in Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire. This is a full-time, permanent job.
Within this growing team, you will report to the Head of R&D and will be responsible for delivering strategic product software features that are innovative across process mapping, systems integration and user experience. The job works with Product Managers to define and deliver solutions for our internal and external customers, meeting expectations of quality, time, and budget. The Digital Technical Lead job collaborates with other departments such as Infrastructure, Delivery and Support to ensure the solutions are deployed, integrated, upgraded and maintained throughout their life cycle.
This is a key role for the business and we need someone who has significant experience and knowledge of web based applications, databases and browser based user interfaces, demonstrable understanding of theory and practices for architecting and developing enterprise software features and a strong knowledge of agile practices with the ability to apply appropriate agile principles to software delivery. Working in this Digital Technical Lead job, you will come into contact with customers, clients and colleagues on a regular basis and it is vital that you are able to manage these relationships professionally, while ensuring that the objectives and aims of the business are met.
Some key duties of this job are listed below, however this is not an exhaustive list;
- Ownership and maintenance of technical documentation for the relevant Product set, including how it works, how it’s used and how it’s deployed.
- Lead technical design phases through all quality stage gates, not limited to but including technology research, sizing for functional and non-functional requirements, cost to run, user interface design, upgrade and support planning.
- Lead development phases through all quality stage gates, based on an Agile development approach and not limited to but including estimation, sprint and release planning, progress tracking and reporting.
- Manage and carry out sprint and release level testing, providing test reports against functional and non-functional requirements.
- Lead and guide estimation phases for projects and contribute towards business case creation for new features and/or new products.
- Creation of User Stories within any given release cycle to provide development work for our offshore development teams.
- Collaborate with offshore developers to ensure high quality, on time, delivery of software.
- Operate within a fixed release cycle to deliver software products on a regular cadence.
- Track sprint progress and raise appropriate concerns about delivery if appropriate.
- Participate in post release activities, including webinars or post implementation reviews as appropriate.
- Manage releases out to stakeholders to a fixed schedule, achieving quality expected of customers and the marketplace.
- Ensure that software features are cohesive across all EV Cargo Technology products in their use of technology, technical design, integration and operation.
What will you need to succeed?
We are looking for someone who wants to join our business at a key moment in our journey and grow with us and share in our success story.
We will offer you a supportive environment where you will be exposed to new experiences and opportunities, however previous experience in a similar position will ultimately lead to your success. It is essential that you have experience of working with external development providers and preferably an understanding of working within a supply chain software environment.
Due to the nature of the role we are unable to consider applications from anyone who does not have a background within a similar role.
As a company we place a strong emphasis on the interactions that take place globally across the business and, as a Digital Technical Lead this is especially important as you will be communicating with key stakeholders within the business and externally. Therefore it is essential that you conduct yourself in a professional manner and can ensure that you always ensure that EV Cargo and EV Cargo Technology are represented in the best possible way. You will have keen eye for detail and be a quick learner.
Why EV Cargo Technology?
Working as a Digital Technical Lead at EV Cargo Technology, you will earn up to £65,000. We are also able to offer you pension, on-site parking, flexible working, training opportunities, CPD and Wellbeing Programs. You will join a business that values the people who work for us, without you, we would not be where we are, and as such we are committed to helping you develop as a Digital Technical Lead. This Digital Technical Lead is a key position, and we would love you to work for us.
EV Cargo is one of the UK’s largest providers of transport, logistics and freight forwarding services and logistics technology – created by the consolidation of EV Cargo Logistics, EV Cargo Technology, EV Cargo Solutions, EV Cargo Global Forwarding and Palletforce into a corporate structure under a new single brand.
EV Cargo ensures international delivery of goods at a better value, providing warehousing and distribution solutions that help businesses grow. Global brands benefit from a distribution chain with a global reach and access to EV Cargo’s portfolio of multimodal transport links.
The business was created by specialist investor EmergeVest by consolidating ownership of six of the UK’s leading logistics companies. With £850 million of revenue, EV Cargo is the largest privately-owned logistics business in the UK, providing mission-critical supply chain services to a portfolio of great customers and leading brands.
We are constantly looking to grow and develop and therefore are recruiting for an Azure Architect to join the R&D team at EV Cargo Technology.Apply Now