Job Title: Senior Database Administrator
Division: EV Cargo Technology
Salary: £65,000 per year
Closing Date: Candidate Dependant
What is the opportunity?
This Senior Database job is working within the IT Operations team at EV Cargo Technology at Gerrard’s Cross, Buckinghamshire, or any other EV Cargo Technology Site. Remote working is also possible. This is a full-time, permanent job.
Within this growing team, you will report to the Head of IT Operations and will be responsible for managing and maintaining the fleet of Microsoft SQL server databases across the EV Cargo Technology Infrastructure, effectively manage, analyse and maintain this server fleet as well as monitor existing systems, look for new technology which may improve our quality of life for our products and solutions. This is a key role for the business, and we need someone who has significant experience of working in database support within an MS SQL Server environment, has strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server (2008, 2016 and 2017) and also has experience of working with PaaS based SQL. Working in this Senior Database Administrator job, you will meet customers, clients and colleagues on a regular basis, and it is vital that you are able to manage these relationships professionally, while ensuring that the objectives and aims of the business are met.
- Monitoring and maintaining the health of production SQL Databases throughout the environment, performing failure/fault investigation and rectification in a timely manner.
- Troubleshooting any service impacting Database failures
- Advising on future projects relating to SQL databases,
- Perform proactive checks on the Databases in order to avoid service disruption and factor in growth in the environment
- Maintain the server infrastructure on servers hosting the SQL Database, in order to avoid service disruption to critical applications
- Provide performance analysis on existing SQL queries and database setup to ensure the best performance from the product and infrastructure.
- Build and maintain Azure data factory pipelines to transfer and transform data for analytics
- Ensure appropriate backup solutions and schedules are in place for cloud and hosted infrastructure
- Advise on disaster recovery options specifically relating to database or other data storage technologies.
- Advise on new technologies and how they may be applied to the potential advantage of EV Cargo and EV Cargo Technology
- Help design and advise on data architecture for new products
- Proactively look at how IaC concepts can be applied to existing infrastructure and new projects.
- Mentoring and coaching other more junior members of the department, providing guidance and encouragement
What will you need to succeed?
We are looking for someone who wants to join our business at a key moment in our journey and grow with us and share in our success story.
We will offer you a supportive environment where you will be exposed to new experiences and opportunities, however previous experience in a similar position will ultimately lead to your success, and it would be beneficial if you have experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, Log Shipping, connectivity issues, security issues etc, as well as possessing experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
Finally, experience of working with Azure Data Factory to move data between databases or systems would be highly beneficial. Due to the nature of the role we are unable to consider applications from anyone who does not have experience of working with SQL.
As a company we place a strong emphasis on the interactions that take place globally across the business and, as a Senior Database Administrator, this is especially important as you will be communicating with key stakeholders within the business and externally. Therefore it is essential that you conduct yourself in a professional manner and can ensure that you always ensure that EV Cargo and EV Cargo Technology are represented in the best possible way. You will have keen eye for detail and be a quick learner.
What will you get in return?
Working as a Senior Database Administrator at EV Cargo Technology, you will earn up to £65,000. We are also able to offer you a range of benefits such as, pension, on-site parking flexible working, training opportunities, CPD and wellbeing programs. You will join a business that values the people who work for us, without you, we would not be where we are. This Senior Database Administrator is a key position, and we would love you to work for us.
EV Cargo is one of the UK’s largest providers of transport, logistics and freight forwarding services and logistics technology – created by the consolidation of EV Cargo Logistics, EV Cargo Technology, EV Cargo Solutions, EV Cargo Global Forwarding and Palletforce into a corporate structure under a new single brand.
EV Cargo ensures international delivery of goods at a better value, providing warehousing and distribution solutions that help businesses grow. Global brands benefit from a distribution chain with a global reach and access to EV Cargo’s portfolio of multimodal transport links.
The business was created by specialist investor EmergeVest by consolidating ownership of six of the UK’s leading logistics companies. With £850 million of revenue, EV Cargo is the largest privately-owned logistics business in the UK, providing mission-critical supply chain services to a portfolio of great customers and leading brands.
We are constantly looking to grow and develop and therefore are recruiting for a Senior Database Administrator to join the IT Operations team at EV Cargo Technology.